Veritas Backup Exec is backup and recovery software that runs on Windows Server. With the agents and options included, it can back up Windows, Mac, and Linux computers and virtual machines.
This donation provides one license for Veritas Backup Exec 20. One Backup Exec license allows the Backup Exec server to back up any number of devices. Only one license is required per organization.
Benefits for Organisations:
Regular backups can protect your organisation against a data-loss catastrophe. With Backup Exec, you can back up data from multiple sources in a centralised interface.
- Ease of use: An intuitive interface and wizards simplify installation, setup, backup, recovery, media management, disaster preparation, cluster installation, and agent configuration.
- Multiple-server backups: You can back up multiple servers at once, either as part of one backup definition or individually in separate definitions.
- Storage options: You can back up to nearly any storage device, including disk, tape, dedupe storage, or third-party cloud, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Storage Gateway VTL.
- Block-level deduplication: Backup Exec deduplicates data across all backup jobs, including physical and virtual environments.
- Versatile recovery: You can recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files, folders, and granular objects directly from backup storage.
- Simplified Disaster Recovery technology: In the event of a disaster, Backup Exec can recover an entire server to the same or dissimilar hardware in minutes, not hours or days.
Agents and Options:
Agents and options extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec environments. You can use an unlimited number of these agents within a network, allowing for multiple instances of agents to protect several servers. The version of Backup Exec available through TechSoup Asia includes all of the available agents and options. For a complete list, see Backup Exec agents and options.
Comparison with System Recovery:
This product is one oftwo Veritas enterprise-level backup applications. For a comparison of the applications offered through TechSoup Asia, see the Guide to Veritas Recovery and Backup Products.
The version of this product available through TechSoup Asia is the Not for Resale (NFR) version. NFR products cannot be upgraded to new releases. If you are seeking a new release, you will need to request a new donation through TechSoup Asia. In addition, NFR products do not include telephone assistance with product issues or add-ons. However, free online technical support is available at the Veritas website through its knowledge bases and discussion forums.
The administrative fee for this online product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product:
Expect two emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organisation email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.