Do you have any questions on how you can apply for the Google for nonprofits program? Find all the answers to questions regarding the application and eligibility here:
- What is Google for nonprofits?
- What products are included in Google for nonprofits?
- How do I access Google for Nonprofits?
- Is my organization eligible for Google for Nonprofits?
- Do I have to be validated with TechSoup Asia to access Google for Nonprofits?
- How long does validation with TechSoup Asia take?
- What is a Validation Token?
- Why is TechSoup Asia validating Google for Nonprofit organizations?
- What if my organization is currently paying for Google Apps for Business - can I switch?
- What if my charity is already using Google Ad Grants, YouTube for Nonprofits?
The Google for nonprofits program offers qualified organizations access to free versions of paid Google products and special features designed for nonprofits. These tools can help nonprofits find new donors and volunteers, work more efficiently, and get supporters to take action.
- Free access to Google Apps. A range of cloud programs you can use for office administration, including Gmail, Google Documents, Spreadsheets, Calendar, Presentations, Forms/Surveys, Calendar, Chat, Drive (a cloud file storage system) and Sites.
- Google Ad Grants. Receive up to $10,000 of AdWords advertising a month to promote your website on Google.ca through keyword targeting
- Premium access to YouTube. Increased uploading capacity, the ability to select custom thumbnail images, and call-to-action overlay on your videos.
If you are not a member of TechSoup Asia, you’ll need to register with TechSoup Aia and get validated before you can apply for Google for Nonprofits. Click here for more details on how to register with us >>
If you are currently a member of TechSoup Asia, you’ll need to create/log into a Google Account.
*You can find your organization's validation token by logging into your TechSoup Asia account then clicking the tab that says "Validation Token". A validation token looks something like this: 123a4567@1b234c5de6789000.
The system will perform a search of your organisation. If you do not find your organisation, click on the drop down “I don’t see my organisation” and register with TechSoup Asia. If you find your organisation, select it.
And create your account to apply to Google for Nonprofits!
Please see Google’s eligibility criteria. You will find out whether or not your organization is eligible after you submit your application to Google for Nonprofits.
Yes, you first register with TechSoup Asia. Based on the information and documentation you provide at registration, we will validate your organization’s legal status and activities.
Once we have validated your organization, you can apply for Google for Nonprofits using your validation token.
We will process your application and confirm your TechSoup Asia account within 7-10 business days of receipt of any necessary documents. Expect to receive an email with the subject line "Your organization has been qualified."
Once your TechSoup Asia account is approved, you can generate validation tokens in your account (under My Account > Validation Token).
Check out this video tutorial or you can also see our Validation Services FAQ.
TechSoup Asia is part of the TechSoup network, which helps nonprofits in 89 countries access the technology tools and education they need to better do their mission-critical work. Worldwide, the network works with more than 100 corporations and foundations and provides a trusted process for validating eligible organizations on their behalf.
Yes! Please see Google’s information on how to switch to Google Apps for Nonprofits.
Please see Google’s information for existing grantees.