Project Professional is project management software. It enables managers to stay informed and control project work, schedules, and finances.
This offer provides one license for installing the software on a single device and one device client access license (CAL) for Project Server. The device CAL authorizes one computer or other device to access the services of Project Server regardless of the number of users (for example, a shared workstation). See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Terms for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you understand project management concepts, you can use Project Professional to schedule tasks, allocate resources, track progress, and share project information. Project can be used for both large and small projects.
- All Project Standard capabilities: Project Professional gives you all the capabilities of Project Standard. In addition, it provides at-a-glance resource management tools, integration with Project Server, and team collaboration tools using SharePoint.
- Automatic or manual scheduling: Project's scheduling engine can forecast the date of a task based on various factors, like dependencies, duration, and constraints. If automatic calculations aren't required, the user-controlled scheduling option gives you complete scheduling control in a given project.
- SharePoint synchronization: You can publish project schedules to SharePoint task lists, allowing team members to independently update task statuses. Updates from team members automatically synchronize with Project schedules.
- Team Planner: The Team Planner lets you visually drag and drop resources in an interactive resource view to simplify complex resource scenarios. You can quickly spot unassigned or unscheduled work as well as overload conditions.
- Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Server and Project Online to give you control across all types of work and allow you to visualize performance through dashboards.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Asia after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Asia to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- See Office system requirements.
- Microsoft installation technologies:
- Office applications that are version 2019 or later must be installed using Microsoft Click-to-Run technology instead of the traditional Windows Installer (MSI) technology. Click-to-Run technology is the same technology that is used to install the Office applications that are included with Office 365 subscriptions.
- You can't install multiple Office products on a computer if the products are the same version but use different installation technologies. In some cases, you also can't install two different versions of Click-to-Run applications on the same computer. For more information, see Microsoft Office support.