Project Server is project management software that runs on Windows Server. It enables medium-sized and large organizations to better manage projects and project portfolios. Project Server is accessed through its clients: Project Professional and Project Web App.
This offer provides a server license. In addition, each user or device that accesses Project Server must have a client access license (CAL). See the Guide to Microsoft Server Licensing for specific licensing details.
Which Version of This Software Is Available?
You can find out which version of this software is available on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. You can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Project Server to
- Effectively analyze and report on both projects and programs
- Collaborate on project management across the entire enterprise
- Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Professional and Project Web App to give users control across all types of work and allow them to visualize performance through dashboards.
- Portfolio management: You can identify, select, manage, and deliver portfolios of projects, programs, and software applications that align with your strategy.
- Demand management: The demand management module collects project ideas and proposals. You can manage the proposals with triage and selection workflow and then execute and track the selected projects.
- Mobile access: A web-based mobile site enables team members and project managers to view project status at a glance on a mobile device. Supported phones are Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android.
No Software Assurance
This license does not include Software Assurance. Without Software Assurance, you will not have the right to install new releases of this product. You will not be able to add Software Assurance to this type of license.
Obtaining This Product
To install this product, you'll need to access the Microsoft 365 admin center. When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with further instructions.
If you need help obtaining this product, find out how to download it.