Exchange Server Standard Edition is email and personal information management software that runs on Windows Server. It provides a collaboration environment for secure messaging inside and outside an organization. The Standard Edition is designed for small-to-medium-sized organizations and is limited to five mailbox databases.
This offer provides one Standard Edition server license. Larger organizations should consider Exchange Server Enterprise Edition. For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Exchange Server to
- Reduce costs by consolidating communications services
- Spend less time maintaining server settings
- Simplified management: A unified, web-based management console simplifies on-premises, online, and hybrid Exchange deployments.
- Unified messaging: Users can receive email, voicemail, and faxes through a single inbox that can be accessed from anywhere, including on mobile and web clients.
- Inbox protection: Integrated antivirus, anti-spam and anti-phishing technologies stop the latest threats.
- Database recovery: Administrators can configure database availability groups of up to 16 mailbox servers for automatic recovery from database-level failures.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
Obtaining This Product
To receive discounted Microsoft products with Software Assurance, you'll need to accept and electronically sign a Volume Licensing Agreement. After you place your request, you'll receive an email from Microsoft eAgreements with a link to the Volume Licensing Agreement. Your request won't be approved until you've signed the agreement.
When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with further instructions.
If you need help obtaining this product, find out how to download it.